Simon Budig wrote
> Akovia (

> akovia1@

> ) wrote:
>> Not really. Like I said, sometimes I can "walk" the path and find where I
>> can insert or delete as normal. I do this at the same zoom level. It's
>> like
>> the path got corrupted and I have to delete the corrupted part of the
>> path
>> and rebuild it, then everything works fine again.
>
> Well, the path data structure is unlikely to be corrupted in a way that
> could have these effects. *If* it gets corrupted this'd more likely mean
> that GIMP would crash. The data used for locating the mouse pointer is
> the same as the data used for drawing, the only plausible difference to
> me is the precision. But this is always better than 1 image-pixel.
>
> Hrm.

Inspecting the structure of an svg convinces me you're right about
corruption not being the issue. I don't see how it could produce the results
I'm seeing.
If memory serves (no guarantees), I didn't see this before 2.8, so you are
probably right about the cairo connection. Would you like me to send you the
xcf the next time it happens?