Hello to all,

I am new to this list (but not so new to Gimp). I will hold a photo and video editing seminar tomorrow where I will present Gimp as an alternative to Photoshop.

There has been only one precompiled Windows Installer for Gimp ever since and I wonder whether it installs a 64 bit or a 32 version of Gimp - or just chooses the adequate (?).

The program's "Help" info is of not much help in regard to this issue. 32 vs. 64 bit software seems to bee a big issue under Window at the moment and will surely provoke questions tomorrow. So could you please enlighten me?

Greetings from Germany
Wolfgang Hugemann