Dnia 17 grudnia 2013 3:50 akovia <akov...@eml.cc> napisaƂ(a):

> As far as new features...
> True path intersections (combine without overlaps)
> Any implementation to select multiple path nodes.
> Option to merge paths to new path while leaving originals untouched.
> (Modifier key)
> Path transformations without having to use path to selection.
> Rotatable guides.

Why ask for partial solutions instead of definite solution to problems with
paths? Maybe this would satisfy Your needs:

Some time ago there was something like Gimp in pictures - i don't remember
exact name nor addres of the site. It was display of drawings presenting new
ideas for Gimp.
One of such idea was to add one functionality to paths: edit in Inkscape.

There are some limitations what can be done with paths in xcf fileformat, but
still something like this would improved path handling in Gimp. Just merge
paths card with Inkscape.

This can be done in a different way too:
Add one more card to tools menu / tools window. On this new card i'd expect
everything to do with paths (everything what can be ported from Inkscape). Both
projects are GPL licensed so there is no reason why whole menu layout, design
and functions cannot be "borrowed" from Inkscape. Just instead of opening one
"path tool" user would press this icon and switch to path menu (with everything
from drawng to free transformation). Again it would require just one icon to
switch back into "raster menu".

At the moment path handling in Gimp is like "Adobe-style" tortures. This could
be redesigned for more comfortable and effective workflow. Such redesign would
both help with current workflow and also open new, unprecedented ways to design
and manipulate images.

Of course xcf and svg handle paths in slightly different ways. I couldn't find
path color attributes in any overview of xcf, but ideas like nodes, layers,
shapes... can be used in both ways of thinking. So why don't use ideas of
similar transformations?

Dominik Tabisz

P.S. I don't understand how this crowd gathered money would make Gimp
developers code changes to Gimp. Are we going to hire someone to code this
changes for us, or it will be kind of prize for supplying Gimp fork, that work
as we want? Otherwise it would be nice to hear from developers, that feature we
desire is "available".