Sorry - clciekd on "send" by mistake on the previous message.

On 29 December 2013 17:09, Joao S. O. Bueno <> wrote:
> On 28 December 2013 16:15, Richard <> wrote:

>>> This question has been asked elsewhere. A solution is to paste the full
>>> object to a new layer, add a layer mask, fill the shape with a shaped
>>> gradient (which is a function of the distance to the outline) and then
>>> use the Brightess/Contrast (2 sliders), Levels (5 sliders), or Curves
>>> (256 sliders) to adjust the blend.
>> On a tangent, you just pointed out the biggest flaw with shaped gradients:
>> You can't specify a gradient length.  What's the point of even having it
>> without that functionality?  I'd get faster (more precise, controllable,
>> etc.) results by brushing the edges by hand.

Note that on the script, I could walk around this by performing
gaussian-blur + levels
on the pasted layer's mask, instead of using gradients.
But indeed,you have a point there. I even went to check if the
"offset" parameter of the gradient-tool could give one the control missing
for shaped gradients, but it has no effect at all.