> From: schum...@gmx.de
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:56:49 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Create/Edit 8x8 pixel sample
> > Von: "Ralf GESELLENSETTER" <r...@gmx.de>
> > - due to rounding, I assume, you have to click several times
> >   until the current pixel gets black.
> Yes, if you use the brush tool, and don't align the brush to the grid.
 But for this task, you'd use a 1 pixel brush (that's most non-animated
brushes if you set the size to 1), the pencil tool, and pure black and
white as described above.

That is the difference between Pencil and Paintbrush -- the Pencil tool is
aligned on pixel boundaries while the Paintbrush is not (it
interpolates/antialiases).  For other tools (like selections or bucket-fill)
you have to enable "hard edge" mode and/or disable "anti-aliasing" in the tool
options.  GIMP also has a "Pixel" brush which is specifically square and as
long as the brush size is an integer it works perfectly with the Pencil tool
for painting individual pixels.  (Just make sure to verify the brush size

-- Stratadrake

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org