> Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:24:17 +0400
> From: alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP move tool
> 16 мая 2014 г. 18:17 пользователь "Richard" <strata_ran...@hotmail.com>
> написал:
> > GIMP has basically no support for this kind of
> > object manipulation at this time, though I agree
> > that in some cases having a few 'vector objects'
> > as their own discrete layers (a la text objects
> > and layers) would be very, very convenient.
> Just for precision's sake, GIMP has a backend for vector layers, without UI
> (there _was_ initial UI, it was never merged). But the code hasn't been
> touched in years, and I've my suspicions about its usefulness.
> Alexandre

Take Paths for example:  Path objects do not have attached layer data, meaning
that every time you adjust a path you have to re-stroke it onto a target
surface.  Contrast with text objects, which do have an attached layer that
updates automatically as you change the underlying text or rendering style
(font face, color, etc.)

(I also find GIMP's path editing controls very confusing compared to Inkscape,
but that's a different matter.)

-- Stratadrake