On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Richard wrote:
>
>> Take Paths for example:  Path objects do not have attached layer data,
>> meaning that every time you adjust a path you have to re-stroke it onto a
>> target surface.
>
> Oh, that. Øyvind might need to correct me, but basic stroking of
> SVG-based paths is done in GEGL. "We have an op for that" :)

The gegl:path op (or a similar one), is the foundation that seems
natural to base vector layers on. The gegl:text op isn't as powerful
as GIMPs text tool yet; but is other, and similar, rendering code that
ideally would be migrated to a GEGL op.

/Øyvind