On Saturday 08 November 2014 22:27:45 billn did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Time to fork off BABL and GEGL. Forking was good for Openoffice.
> LIbreoffice is kicking tail. Developers who want to turn out a good
> product in a timely manner and other programmers who want to wait 3-5
> years for small improvements. LOL

Thats a yes and no situation.  None of the artwork examples that many
megabytes of that come with OO, do not come with LO for copyright reasons.

And despite that I still like LO better, I have now tried to dl the latest
update 7 times, 6 of those made it to something north of 208 megs and
stalled, and once only to about 30 megs. I have no clue how many megs the
tarball actually is, oly that if I rename it so a tar session can unpack
it, the tarball is incomplete.

I am tempted to think that it stalls if you do not make a donation from
that same screen, and I am not the least allergic to supporting the
project, but I don't buy a 3 legged pig in a poke.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)