Hi Elle, Pat and others,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Elle Stone
<ellest...@ninedegreesbelow.com> wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 08:32 PM, Pat David wrote:
>>
>> Jehan,
>>
>> Ah, I did mean to link something, but thank you for linking my Flickr
>> account.  Note that for the most part, I have the RAW files from any of my
>> photos that I'd be happy to release for whatever purposes are needed.
>>
>> I also have model releases for all of my images as well, and can include
>> them as needed (there might need to be some discussion surrounding how
>> that
>> release is made available and in what context as they contain probably
>> sensitive information regarding the models themselves).
>>
>> To Elle's point about licensing, I can make them CC-BY(-SA) as
>> appropriate.
>>
>> To Elle's other point about color, I would imagine that the most desirable
>> solution would be to host the actual RAW files themselves (hopefully from
>> variety of capture sources/cameras).  Any further work around conversion
>> should probably be noted as needed to effectively reproduce the results.
>>
>> More importantly, if there is a consensus reached about certain types of
>> test images, I am also available to shoot new ones specifically for the
>> purpose.  I can rent other cameras/bodies as needed to support multiple
>> capture sources.  Please don't hesitate to ask if there's something that
>> may prove useful (I may not be coding, but perhaps I can at least help out
>> in this way).
>>

> It looks like we've reached the point of "let's do this", which will require
> assembling the actual images and ironing out a lot of details.
>
> I take it as given that Pat, Jehan, and myself will do the actual work of
> assembling the images, yes? And all three of us will also contribute test
> images. We each have websites so we can put up pages with thumbnails of
> suggested test images for consideration.

You said on the babl/gegl discussion that you'd be unsubscribing from
the GIMP mailing lists. So first, I hope you'll stay in contact, and
subscribe again at some point, and even more I sincerely hope we'll
meet you in LGM where I'm sure the discussions with other contributors
will be much more productive than most of what happened on the mailing
list (I don't understand enough of the technical to take position, but
I feel like the problem is mostly a communication problem. And
dialogging only through emails does not help, far from it).

More on topic with this thread, does it mean you also wish to get out
of this small project of assembling a test suite of images? I hope
not, because I am not enough of a hard-core user myself to handle the
decision part (though Patrick David is definitely one, but 2 are
better than 1).
I have not taken the time to do the small web page yet, but I was
planning to set it up within the next week, and getting the news to
users (and GIMP magazine, etc.) before end of month. Are we putting
this project on hold?

Jehan