On 04/14/2015 06:01 PM, Pat David wrote:

>> I think it was Cnet... so- shall I uninstall and download from that page
>> you are
>> referring to?
>>

> Yes, the official website is the best place to look for obtaining GIMP.

You might also want to run Spybot Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes,
plus make sure that your antivirus installation is one of the "good
ones" and has the latest database:  Sabotaged GIMP installers have
been found "in the wild."  Scanning the installer for known malware
- which most sites like CNet do - is not even close to a reliable
defense.

http://blog.meetthegimp.org/yay-mainstream-and-trojaned-gimp-installers/

GIMP installers for Windows don't get more official than this:

http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/stable/windows/

I'm not at all current on any issues with GIMP versions and recent
Microsoft operating systems, but if the "latest and greatest"
version from gimp.org does not seem to be working right, try version
2.6 - if I remember, that has worked for other posters here in the past.

:o)