>You might also want to run Spybot Search & Destroy and Malwarebytes,
>plus make sure that your antivirus installation is one of the "good
>ones" and has the latest database:  Sabotaged GIMP installers have
>been found "in the wild."  Scanning the installer for known malware
>- which most sites like CNet do - is not even close to a reliable
>defense.
>
>http://blog.meetthegimp.org/yay-mainstream-and-trojaned-gimp-installers/
>
>GIMP installers for Windows don't get more official than this:
>
>http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/stable/windows/
>
>I'm not at all current on any issues with GIMP versions and recent
>Microsoft operating systems, but if the "latest and greatest"
>version from gimp.org does not seem to be working right, try version
>2.6 - if I remember, that has worked for other posters here in the
>past.
>
>:o)
Thanks for your reply! I don't think there is any virus or malware on that
installation...since GIMP is working well else. But I 'll consider uninstall and
download a new version when I have the time to do so :) My version is supposed
to 2.8.. :)
Have no clue what is the better version?..

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/192/original/FB15april.jpg

--
Sunniva (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)