On 06/14/2015 11:15 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 07:40:38 -0400
> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>>> Only access now to the GIMP program is the horizontalTool Bar, which
>>> offered so many choices that it was overwhelming. Simple GIMP is NOT.
>> I haven't read any where that gimp was "simple", and you are confirming
>> that fact?
> It's not that complex. Spend an hour or so experimenting and he ought to be
> able to do basic stuff. I made the transition from another program easily
> enough a while back.

I'm not the one to ask because I have been using the GIMP since Tor
Lillqvist's early Windows ports.  (Lesson learned:  Save early, save
often!)  But I find it hard to believe that this set of e-z howto
docs would not get any new user up to speed on simple, routine stuff
in a couple of hours:

gimp-user-list mailing list