> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:45:49 +0800
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Can I configure my mouse to....
> From: ngoonee.t...@gmail.com
> To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
>
> On Windows, at least for Logitech mice, there's a Logitech utility
> which allows button remapping. Not sure whether it works in the more
> general case. A quick google search would answer that I'm sure.

Yes, it does.  Logitech has "SetPoint" while Microsoft has "IntelliMouse", both
reputedly have an expanded selection of functions for extra buttons.  X-Mouse
is also available.

Testing SetPoint, unfortunately I cannot simply map button 3 to "scroll down"
and button 4 to "scroll up" -- the closest it offers is two autoscrolling
options (with subtle differences between them).  The only complaint here is
that both autoscroll modes are toggles and not modifiers.

On an aside, turns out I absolutely never use button 4....

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com