> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:45:49 +0800
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Can I configure my mouse to....
> From: ngoonee.t...@gmail.com
> To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> On Windows, at least for Logitech mice, there's a Logitech utility
> which allows button remapping. Not sure whether it works in the more
> general case. A quick google search would answer that I'm sure.

Just a quick update on my testing with Logitech SetPoint:

- I configured button 3 for "Universal scroll".  When I click button 3, moving
the trackball up or down causes scrolling in that direction.  Unfortunately it
is a toggle not a modifier, but I can work with that.
- There is also "AutoScroll", in which I can click the button and an anchor
cursor appears at the mouse location; moving the mouse relative to the anchor
causes scrolling in that direction.

The former scrolling behavior is more intuitive for me personally, however, it
doesn't work in all Windows apps (GIMP, Inkscape, and Firefox alike).

Looks like XMouse is the next thing on my test list....

-- Stratadrake