If you want to load output from a scanner or a camera into Gimp, use
File ->
Create...

On Friday 27 November 2015 11:42:28 petersh...@comcast.net wrote:
> I've just finished hand drawing about fifty simple, small (8.5 X 11) maps
> in a two-month period. I'm hoping for an easier way, without going broke or
> making my head explode.
>
> I've read a summary of the GIMP drawing program, but it is not clear to me,
> if you can import images such as scans, or Google Earth. Google maps, etc.
> Can you import an image and trace from it, or does one only draw original
> subjects? I assume it has wide typographic ability for font and sizes??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

                A Caution to Everybody

        Consider the Auk;
        Becoming extinct because he forgot how to fly, and could only walk.
        Consider man, who may well become extinct
        Because he forgot how to walk and learned how to fly before he thinked.

-- Ogden Nash