Thank you so much for the help-

I tinkered around with what you both recommended and watched some tutorials on
dpi, how to change it and reread what you wrote multiple times. It helped a lot!
I set a dpi of 600 for the entire project by going to Image -> Print Size as
well as making use of Image -> Scale Image.

I have set all the measurements to inches rather than percents and pixels like
Richard recommended.

I haven't had a need to use the plugins yet, but I will definitely keep them in
mind for the future! Thank you for your detailed explanation of how pixels
translate to physical print.

Your replies both answered by question perfectly. I really appreciate that- it
helped a lot!! This taught me a lot more about the program and helped me
understand photo editing more.

JoeyF (via
gimp-user-list mailing list