On 09/27/2016 02:38 PM, gimp-users.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Your printer probably has a feature to print a test page, usually
> accessed from the printer properties, which will print some patterns in
> various colours to check for blockages.

  Yes, it does. And I have. The test patterns look normal and are
complete. Initially the patterns had missing segments; after a number of
cleaning cycles they finally became complete.

> One other thing I often do when
> having problems with colours is to create a page of text in LibreOffice
> consisting of the following in a large bold font:
>    RED
>    YELLOW
>    GREEN
>    CYAN
>    BLUE
>    MAGENTA
>    BLACK
> Each word formatted in the corresponding colour. Print that and see how
> it comes out. I suspect the magenta will come out faint if at all, and
> the red and blue will be off-colour (the red appearing more towards
> yellow and the green more towards blue).

  I have created such a test document, cool idea. All of the colors
print normally AFAICT; the magenta *may* be a bit light, I have no way
to be certain. All of the colors are solid, and look like the color they
claim to be. The test document was created in Libreoffice.
  I imported one of the images from Gimp and printed it. The result was
the same: an off-color green tint. This implies the problem is the
printer, not Gimp or Libreoffice. While there a few processing steps
between an app and the printer, I would expect them to treat the output
data as sacred.
  Do the apps reference some common system values for deciding the
output color balance?

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com