After editing a text layer that had been imported by dragging a layer from one
project to another, i got a window that explained i was trying to edit something
that was imported and if i did, i'd lose the edit. I had 3 choices - edit,
discard changes, or cancel

i think i chose cancel and then got a new layer at the top of the layer view
called transformation selection. It seemed i couldn't select any other layers in
the layers view after that
i ended up using undo to go back to where i was before. Later it happened again
and the undo history didn't go back far enough to get rid of it. I then selected
transformation selection. And hit delete. I then deleted the color background
layer that was causing this and redid that layer without importing

this whole episode happened very fast so i may not be remembering everything
correctly, so if any of this sounds familiar, maybe you can give me a clue what
happened. My theory is it had something to do with me trying to import layers to
my 300ppi project from my previous project that was 100ppi

GerryPeters (via
gimp-user-list mailing list