On 10 Jul 2001 18:33:03 +0200, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
wrote:

> Last time I heard about IE, it did not support PNG fine either. What
> about including a web browser module in Gimp? Browse the web with
> Gimp!

Gecko based browsers (mozilla, galeon, nautilus) and gtkhtml based
browsers (encompass, nautilus) support alpha transparency fine.

If you want GIF's 1 bit transparency, use indexed color PNG instead.
Netscape4 and IE do support this. But it's not as good as full 8bit
transparency. I found it funny IE6 still lacks decent support for _the_
superior image format.

If you have a solid color background, just use "save background color"
option in GIMP's export dialog, that helps when using inferior browsers.

Jakub
--
-[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]-[ http://jimmac.musichall.cz ]-

"even a stopped clock gives a right time twice a day"