Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2001 19:32:28 -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> > Jakub Steiner wrote:
> >
> > > If you want GIF's 1 bit transparency, use indexed color PNG instead.
> >
> > How does one do this?  I created an image with a transparent background,
> > saved it as a gif and the background is transparent.  I saved it as png
> > and the background is white.
> You have to convert to indexed color first, since PNG supports 24+ bit
> color and if you save your RGB image, it gets saved in realcolor, not
> indexed. You can do this with <image>/mode/indexed.
> that should work

This is just what I did, yet, the png image still presents a white box
around the image rather than transparency.

I just pulled the image up and image->mode->indexed is greyed out.

> Jakub
> --
> -[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]-[ http://jimmac.musichall.cz ]-
> "even a stopped clock gives a right time twice a day"

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein