On 10 Jul 2001 19:32:28 -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> Jakub Steiner wrote:
> > If you want GIF's 1 bit transparency, use indexed color PNG instead.
> How does one do this?  I created an image with a transparent background,
> saved it as a gif and the background is transparent.  I saved it as png
> and the background is white.

You have to convert to indexed color first, since PNG supports 24+ bit
color and if you save your RGB image, it gets saved in realcolor, not
indexed. You can do this with <image>/mode/indexed.

that should work

-[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]-[ http://jimmac.musichall.cz ]-

"even a stopped clock gives a right time twice a day"