Hi GIMP users, new to professional,

I have a burning question.  I made a comment about how good I thought
GIMP was as an art/paint program and got blasted by some folks saying
it absolutely could not compete with the likes of Photoshop or
Painter?  I still say they are wrong, even though I have had only
limited experience with GIMP so far.  I would be curious to know what
others have to say about the quality of GIMP and if professionals
find it useful in their work and/or for personal use?  Some say GIMP
is useless to know & use in the real world as no graphics employer
knows GIMP nor would hire someone that only uses GIMP.  Any truth to
that?  Thanks for your input.

end of line
---KMail 1.2--- SuSE Linux v7.2---

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/   *Magic Page Products*

*Team Amiga*    "Tomorrow is just a day away"