Apparently there are two kinds of gradients available --- a gradient shift
between foreground and background color, and the fancy gradients (french flag
etc.) available in the gradient dialog. I am having trouble applying the
latter.  The gradient tool on the toolbox deals with the former, or so I

Unfortunately the books that I have (Grokking the Gimp and The Gimp User's
Manual) deal with older versions of Gimp and the on-line help is not helpful.

If someone could either point me to a specific resource or walk me through
the steps  of applying a fancy gradient I would be most grateful.

My Gimp is Version 1.2.1.

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"