Here are some references from the Debian-user list:

>> How do I install truetype fonts which came from my windows font
>> collection into Debian ( particularly in X)? I am using Potato.
>
>Debian specific:
>http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/
>
>Non-Debian specific:
>http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU/index.html

The font-deuglification might be a bit out of date, I think it talks
about using the truetype fontserver which you don't need with newer
versions of X. I have the windows truetype font collection and the
Adobe font folio (like 8000 fonts!) on my linux system thanks to the
first link. Check it even if you don't use debian because it points
you to the windows font collection--useful to install for a web
designer because everyone in the universe has those fonts. ;)

Thus spake Richard Konrad ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):