[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2002-11-27 at 1227.08 -0600):
> and I have the same problem. It will go through the motions of
> creating the animated image, but the final image is just an exact
> duplicate of the first. The only difference is there are now several
> layers set for animation.

The layers are the images of the anim. Movies are image after image,
Gimp uses layers as "grouping tool". You have to save as GIF and
follow the dialogs it will present (anim or merge, iirc), then web
browsers will play the anim (if configured to do so). You can also use
<Image> / Filters / Anim / Animate to playback (you can try it in any
image with layers, it can be fun).

GSR