Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
Okay. I have a default install of Gimp 1.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2

I downloaded the FireAnim.scm and fireanim-gradient from and it doesn't
work. It will go through the process of doing all the edits to the image and produce and finish
without any error (at least any that pop up a dialog box). The only problem is the final product
isn't animated or even changed in any way! I tried to use this in Gimp 1.2.4 on my parents WinXP box
and I have the same problem. It will go through the motions of creating the animated image, but the
final image is just an exact duplicate of the first. The only difference is there are now several
layers set for animation.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I discovered what my problem was. I am using Dynamic Text to create the text string, then merging it with the image, then trying to do the fire animation. You can't do that. You have to leave the Gdyn Text layer, then apply the fire animation to that.

Joseph A Nagy Jr Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and CEO die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into
Joseph A Nagy Jr Enterprises whatever higher plane one belives in. Linux - The Choice of Every Generation

C.S.S.: Construct Skilled in Sabotage
H.T.M.L.: Hazardous Troubleshooting and Mathematics Lifeform