A long, long time ago, in a graphics package far, far away ...

There was a utility, which I think was called "knit" which would correlate 
two images, look for an overlap region and use the result to composite them 
into a single image. The application, of course, was putting together 
multiple scans or photos of the same original when the scanner or FOV was too 
small to capture the whole.

Does Gimp have any equivalent to that and/or is there an external program 
that I can use (on Linux) to do it?  Also, is there a more appropriate term 
for it, because "gimp knit images" does not turn up anything too appropriate 
on Google. :-)

Thanks for any pointers,

Terry Hancock ( hancock at anansispaceworks.com )
Anansi Spaceworks  http://www.anansispaceworks.com
Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to