----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] "Knitting" Images?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:42:43 +0000
From: Jenny Drake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Another one worth a look at is vips. I've used this succesfully and the
principal developer is very helpful. Take a look at
http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/ . There are linux, windows and mac binaries
as well as source.


On Friday 17 Jan 2003 6:09 am, Terry Hancock wrote:
> A long, long time ago, in a graphics package far, far away ...
> There was a utility, which I think was called "knit" which would correlate
> two images, look for an overlap region and use the result to composite them
> into a single image. The application, of course, was putting together
> multiple scans or photos of the same original when the scanner or FOV was
> too small to capture the whole.
> Does Gimp have any equivalent to that and/or is there an external program
> that I can use (on Linux) to do it?  Also, is there a more appropriate term
> for it, because "gimp knit images" does not turn up anything too
> appropriate on Google. :-)
> Thanks for any pointers,
> Terry


Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to