I have got the 1.2.4.tar.gz of the gimp. Upon compiling 3 plugins were not found-xpm, mpeg, and gtkxmhtml. i've just checked my system and mpeg and xpm are on the system. Is the error created because a gimp plugin is different from a standard component, such as the mpeg which is on the system, or is the problem occuring because of something different such as the path needing to be incuded in ldconfig.

Also, while compiling, something like this kept on repeating "cc1:warning path to /usr/local/... is not in the system path". Is this normal.

david