You should edit the pango configure script and uncomment
the lines related to pangoft2.pc. They´re more or less at
the beginning of the file. It´s fairly easy to do that, the
hard part was to figure it out (at least for me). Then run
configure. As Sven said it should appear in the listing of
things to build.

Don´t take my advice if it´s something bad. But let me correct myself. I meant to say Makefile, not configure. Sorry about that. Too. One thing is giving bad advices, and another giving faulty ones. Sorry again.

José Manuel García-Patos
Madrid

ps. I sent a correction earlier, but I guess it didn´t get through
for some reason.