On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:08:03PM +0200, Mariusz Sapinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "LZW compression in not available due to Unisys pattern enforcement"
>
>  I have'n enforced any Unisys pattern? What's going on? How to repair it?

That should read "patent" instead of "pattern". I am not sure wether this
is a redhatism. In any case, LZW compression is likely affected by a
patent hold by unisys (which will expire this friday in the us, and in one
year in europe and japan), and thus either you get a license from unisys
(don't bother, too expensive), or get a version of gimp that allows LZW
and possibly commit crimes and and decapitated ;)