(ehhehehe..I remembered to hit the 'Reply to All' button this time. :) )
On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 21:44, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 June 2003 17:15, you wrote:
> > > 1) filters->blur->gaussian blur, 3 hor, 2, V
> > > 2) adjust brightness and contrast: enhance contrast, augment
> > > brighness 3) repeat  steps 1 and 2 once.
> And I certeinly use it to eliminate some of the aliasing when I
> enlarge pictures. Just rest certain to set interpolation type to
> Cubic, in the
> (main)File->Preferences->Enviroment->Scaling  settings. It wil;l
> certainly do you more good than gaussian blurring in this case.

At least with my black and white scans, I'm also finding that using
Curves to make the gray colors whiter and the black colors blacker
(after gaussian blurring and contrast adjustments) are allowing me to
remove the bitmapping from black and white work that I've scaled up too.

Thanks for the help finding all these great new toys! :)

-Dee
www.dreslough.com