On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:36:39PM +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You are only making things worse if you convert from RGB to CMYK

Not really... people I talked to said they can perfectly handle that
(adjusting colours later in a layout program for example, or simply addign
a matching colour profile).

On the other hand, many layout programs simply treat files as CMYK, even
if they are RGB, which is a lot worse since it cannot be fixed easily.

Also, no information is being destroyed, since you had no colour profile
in RGB, the simple formula is a good as any other.

> would have long done. You should really let the printer do the
> conversion for you. Only the printer knows all the necessary details.

Unfortunately, the printer often can't or won't do that, since the
printer wants CMYK no matter what.