On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 09:32, imr wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a couple of question regarding scripts.
> If you know of a good site for beginners in gimp scripting, dont hesitate to
> tell me. I have been to a few of them but didnt find answers for that kind of
> questions.
>
> First, how can i close the image window i was working on during the script,
> once i have saved it.
> i found image_delete and display_delete fonctions, but the image_delete wont
> work as long as there is a display opened, so how do I get the display?

It's not clear why you would want to do this in the first place.  If
you're using the script to do something on an image you opened using the
Gimp GUI, then you can just close it yourself, since you are interacting
with the image anyway.  If you are trying to run the script
non-interactively, then you can go ahead and use gimp_display_delete to
get rid of it after the script completes. (At least I think so.  I've
never written a script to run in batch mode).

> Second and last, I have tried to save a picture as jpg with gimp_file_save non
> interractively. The image was saved with 0 quality, is there a way to set the
> jpg settings without using file_jpeg_save and without interractivity?

Why do you want to avoid file_jpeg_save?  That is *the* function to use
to save a jpeg image, and it allows you to set the quality at anything
you desire.

Can you give us more background about what you are trying to do and why
you are trying to do it?  Possibly I'm misunderstanding your goals.

--

--Jeff

Jeff Trefftzs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.tcsn.net/trefftzs                    Home Page