Hi all,

The next release in the development series of the GIMP, version
1.3.19, is now available for download from

or from one of the mirrors listed at http://gimp.org/download.html

We think this is good enough for daily use. We are now very close
to a 2.0 prerelease, so we particularly appreciate testing
efforts. New bugs can be reported to us at

We at the GIMP would like to take this opportunity to  thank all
our sponsors for GIMPCon, which completed a couple of weeks ago.
Special thanks go to the Free Software Foundation
(http://fsf.org), who funded the majority of the costs incurred
for the event. Thanks are also due to our other sponsors,
O'Reilly and Associates, Germany (http://oreilly.de), MacGimp
(http://macgimp.org) and FlamingText (http://ftgimp.com).

Overview of Changes in GIMP 1.3.19
- Migration towards new gimp-help system [Mitch]
- Deletion of anchor points on a path [Simon]
- Path stroke moving [Simon]
- Path stroke splitting by deleting an edge (Ctrl-click while in
  Delete mode) [Simon]
- Drag path edges modifies curve [Simon]
- DInsertion of points on path edges [Simon]
- Joining two stroke paths is possible (Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Click on
  the second end-point) [Simon]
- Polygonal paths [Simon]
- Improved new composite functions and enabled them by default [Helvetix]
- UTF-8 validate all strings coming in from the PDB [Yosh, Mitch]
- Paint-core improvements and bug-fixes [Jay Cox]
- Added more mnemonics [Brix]
- Lots of bug fixes

Other contributors:
  Adam D. Moss, Tor Lillqvist, Jakub Steiner, Alan Horkan,
  Avi Bercovich, S. Mukund, Maurits Rijk, Guillermo S. Romero,
  Seth Burgess, Wolfgang Hofer, Ville Pätsi, Sven Neumann

Happy GIMPing,