Hi

thanks everyone for the help/advice.  I was just a bit concerned about this matter.

David

Ps--interesting info all the same.

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
The GIMP, in your case, is not installed without SLURP at all, because
you installed it manually.

Actually, your problems have absolutely nothing  to do with The GIMP
per se - they are rpm related.

Let me try not to confuse you:
RPM is a system to automate the instalation of (oftenly) pre-compiled
programs. One part that it automates is to check if all the other
programs/files the desired program requires are installed on your
system. The trick is that RPM doesn't check against the files
themselves, but check in a RPM database. This means that it will only
know about programs that you install using RPM itself.

In your case, you say you hand-installed SLURP, so the file never got
registered at the RPM database, as this is a step RPM itself performs
when installing a file, and so, as far as RPM can tell, that file is
not installed.

However, for the GIMP, if the file can be located at all, it will work
normally.

On another issue, if it is a perl file, the most it can do is break
part of GIMP-perl functionality. This doesn't affect core GIMP
functionality at all, as gimp-perl is optional.

Regards,
	JS
	-><-