In one of the recent reviews of the upcoming Gimp 2 it has been
advertised that it will fully support CMYK.
There was actually a statement in the review like, if you have problems
with the Photoshop license throw it away and use The Gimp. Or why spend
$600 if you can use the Gimp and open these Photoshop files and edit
them!

We have heard from this mailing list that this is not the case.
What is the reason that CMYK does not make it into Gimp. Is it very
difficult to program or is there a patent issue? Lot's of other budget
priced (Windows and Linux) graphic programs do not have it built in
either.

Don't get me wrong. I love The Gimp and I compiled Gimp2-pre1 and I am
actually using it.

--
Best Regards
Thomas J Spuhler

All Tusonix outgoing e-mail has been scanned for viruses