This may also sound a little obvious but

I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring.

In other words I have a password and account number and spent some time entering the info.  So what happened??

Dave Neary wrote:

Hi,

david wrote:
There is a bug that does not seem to have been fixed for gimp-2.0pre2.tar.bz2 which was in the previous prerelease version.  I did bother to log on to the bug reporting site and entered the bug....but it is still occuring.  However, I recognise that this maybe a peculiarity of my setup.

This may sound a little obvious, but if you observe a bug, and you don't report it, it's unlikely it will be fixed (unless a bunch of people observe the bug and it's already been reported).

Please report bugs you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org) so that we can fix them. But first, please do a search to see if your bug has already been reported or fixed.

What happens is this:

I open a new document and accept the default.  I select the rectangular shape tool.  I draw a  square in the centre of the canvas...holding down the shift key to force a square.  Then I select a foreground colour...red...and select the bucket fill tool.  I fill the square with the red colour.  I select copy and copy what is there as is.   I then paste.  Thats where it crashes.

I don't have this problem, but of course that doesn't mean it's not a bug. Please report it in Bugzilla. Also, could you say how you're copying & pasting, and so on.

Cheers,
Dave.