Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:
"What is not in the plans is for Gimp to turn into a clone of Photoshop.
For one thing, the resources of a large corporation like Adobe far
outmatch what any free software team, working for the joy of programming,
can contribute. Furthermore, the GIMP developers would prefer to create a
program that works the way they feel is best, and not simply mimic some
other, flaws and all. But, on the other hand, Gimp can already do many
things that are difficult or impossible with Photoshop, and given the very
accessible plug-in architecture of Gimp 2, its capabilities are ultimately
limited only by the collective imagination of the community of free
software contributors."

I really like this paragraph, especially the last sentence and would like to see it resurrected. I agree that it could be rephrased and that it's bad to claim things you can't proof but it should have been sufficient to change that one sentence then. Can we perhaps put this back in?

I don't like the paragraph at all for a press release. Perhaps just the "limited by the collective imagination..." part, but it's a bad idea to start comparing ourselves with photoshop at all in a press release. Plus, this isn't even positive language for the most part. We should just drop it, I think (except for the last half of the last sentence, which I've just added to the press release).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary