I'm planning on introducing my photoclub to The Gimp and one segment will be
on color balance. My co-presenter is using PhotoShop. PS has a nice feature
that allows you to set several "reference points" - click on a section you
consider "grey" and it will set anchor point/reference point 1 with the RGB
values. Click on a part you consider white - and you have ref point 2. Now
apply a color correction and see how your reference points change their RGB
values.
Is there any way of doing this with Gimp? I was thinking maybe using guides,
with snap-to-guide, but my snap "threshold" is apparently too low. Any other
ideas?
-----
Timothy Jedlicka, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork
Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire