Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Tom Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Hi!  I'm trying to make an elliptical border around part of an image,
> > sort of like a picture frame.  I use the "Select Elliptical Regions"
> > tool to select my region.  Then I choose the color I want for the
> > selection and I choose a 5x5 solid circle brush to use for the stroke
> > of the selection.  Then I right-click on the image and click
> > "Edit... Stroke Selection" and my "frame" appears around the
> > image. Cool.
> >
> > I noticed there are some jagged edges along parts of the "frame" and I
> > would like to know if there's a way they can be eliminated.
>
> Don't use the paintbrush to stroke the selection, but use the Stroke
> options in the upper part of the Stroke dialog.

Well, unfortunately this doesn't help much. The better way to fix this
is to convert the selection boundary to a path and stroke the path.

I tried hacking the boundary stroking to get a better stroking, but
my experiments turned out to lead to unexpected results. A discussion of
this is in bug #50730.

Bye,
        Simon
--