On Monday 05 April 2004 09:39, J.W.J. Geenen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Situation
>
> * Mac Os 10.2.8
> * MacGimp 1.2.4-1
> * Kensington Expert Mouse Pro
>
> The Gimp expect a three mouse button with the buttons left, middle and
> right.
> MacGimp emulates these buttons on an one button mac mouse as follows:
> left button   = mouse click
> middle button = command key + click
> right button = option key + click
> So far so good, but there is a problem
>
> Problem
>
> A command should be unique. In the case that you work with masks the
> command option + click should generate a green border but in MacGimp
> this combination is reserved for the emulation of the right button. You
> will never get a green border.
>
> Is there a solution for this problem?
>
> I installed the Kensington device and have now three physical buttons.
> I hoped that now the problem was over. But the emulation overruled the
> gimp command and the problem is still a live.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jan Geenen
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi there,

Unless other mac-gimp users here can deal with this, I suggest you open a bug
report (if there is none already, and I do not recall seeing it).

The only workaround I can see is to be able to redefine what keys are used for
the current "command + click"  commands. ("alt" on PC's)
However, such a change may not be trivial.

Regards,
        JS
        -><-