some thngs are improved in 2.0 with respect to the handling
of PostScript files, but some annoyances remain. Since my
major use of Gimp is the refinement of PS images I thought
I might list them.
1. When importing a PS file the default resolution is 100. I
routinely scan and use images at 150. Once I change the
resolution the new number persists for the session but the
next sesson starts all over again with the default.
2. Similarly, I always work in grayscale with PS files. The
default is color. I can't change the default in any
3. If i bring in a PS file, modify it in some way, and then
just "save" the file what I save is the original unmodified
file (or perhaps nothing at all?) If I hit "save as" then
the modified file is saved, after some conversation.
4. The save PS defaults to 5 units of offset, x and y. I
must zero these out individually.
5. I save PS files as EPS. The default is PS. I must change
it on each run.
6. The default unit of measurement is millimeters. I must
convert it to inches on each run.
If my changes could just be made persistent from run to run
tht would be great. Or if I could have access to the module
where the Postscript reading and writing takes place then
perhaps I could change some defaults in the code. Can
anyone suggest what that module's name is?
Able Typesetters and Indexers
Gimp-user mailing list