Hi,

John Culleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> OK, please don't be angry. I raised this issue before, was
> referred to the Xsane maintainer, and got a discouraging
> reply from him.  He had two patches in hand, one short and
> one longer, and didn't seem to be in a hurry to implement
> either one. If you have a patch that will solve the problem
> I would be happy to have it.

Well, I tried to handle it the right way which is to pass the patch to
the maintainer instead of publishing it. Looking at the XSane homepage
shows that Oliver Rauch published the patch in the meantime:

 http://www.xsane.org/

He claims the patch would be rather large but if he would take a
closer look he would probably notice that the patch changes
autogenerated files. The actual change is tiny.

Sven