Problem:

I have a JPG image of a person and I want to change the color of their sweatshirt that
they are wearing from red to a light blue.

I use the Magic Wand to select the red sweat shirt area and copy and paste that
selection into a new layer. Just filling the selection with a color results in a very
poor final image in that it is obvious the color has been changed. The texture and
shadows on the sweat shirt have been lost.

Question:

How do I change the color of the sweat shirt from red to blue while maintaining
texture and shading ?

Thank you in advance.