Hi,

Linux GIMP wrote:
> P.S. but I still need that render glow filter.  I hope someone adds that
> soon.....

IIRC, glowa(isn't it Alien Glow?)  was a script-fu which basically
did a layer copy, fill with glow color (keeping transparency), and
a gaussian blur with radius 100 or so (not keeping transparency) on
the big copy, auto-stretch contrast, then raise the original layer
above the first...

Does this look more or less like that plug-in's results? That
plug-in is in 2.0 in the same menu location (script-fu -> Alpha
to Logo -> Alien Glow). If it's another plug-in, you have lost me
:)

Ah - just started up 1.2.5 to check, and Filters->Render->Add
Glow is indeed in there - it's a GIMP Perl script, and I assume,
although I'm not sure, that it is still in 2.0. gimp-perl can be
downloaded from CPAN or from ftp.gimp.org (in
pub/gimp/plug-ins/v2.0/gimp-perl).

Cheers,
Dave.

--