Tom Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've been trying to install perl for Gimp 2.0, which I pretty much
> need to use many of the functions.
> However, I keep getting the following output:
> checking for GIMP - version >= 2.0.0... no
> *** Could not run GIMP test program, checking why...
> *** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
> *** that the run-time linker is not finding GIMP or finding the wrong
> *** version of GIMP. If it is not finding GIMP, you'll need to set your
> *** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
> *** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
> *** is required on your system
> ***
> *** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
> *** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The answer is right there in front of you. You need to tell your
linker where the gimp libraries are located. This involves setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or editing /etc/ld.so.conf.  In
order to understand how the linker works and where it is searching for
libraries, it is best to read the ld(1) manpage.

> Also, even though I have gtkhtml installed and working, it seems to
> not be able to find my gimp-2.0 online help. The browser comes up
> and I get the following error:
> The GIMP help files are not installed.

This is completely unrelated to gtkhtml2. You need to install the GIMP
help files available from