On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Lincoln [ISO-8859-1] LordÍllo wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:47:14 -0300
> From: "Lincoln [ISO-8859-1] LordÍllo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Lista Gimp-Users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Feature request
>
> Hy people,
>
> I don't know if this is the best place to comment this, but i saw the
> work around the new version of Gimp 2.2 (still 2.1 ;-P) and the image
> window has a feature that i'm waiting for i long time, the rules unit.
> But it doesn't have percentage. To work i need to use the percentage to
> define some guides.

Having percentages available everywhere as standard units would be great
but if all you want it for is to be able to add guides at the 10 %
position of an image then I've just modified this script to do just that

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dev/gnome/gimp/script-fu/scripts/guide-new-percent.scm

It adds a menu item View, New Guide (by percent)...
it prompts you to choose horizontal or vertical and the position
in percent where you want the guide placed.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/