Hi,

Quoting Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > When moving a selection with the cursors, Shift-cursor moves the
> > selection by a larger amount (26 pixels, I just checked, no idea
> > why).
>
> It moves by 25 pixels. Why? Because it's defined like this in
> gimpeditselectiontool.c:
>
>  #define ARROW_VELOCITY  25

Odd - I just tried this, and it definitely moves 26 pixels. After 4 moves, the
layer is offset 104 pixels, one back to the left, it goes to 78 pixels. This is
on Win32, although it seems weird that this would be different from teh windows
behaviour...

> The ChangeLog asked for complaints if anyone dislikes the new
> behaviour and so far noone complained so it will probably stay this
> way for GIMP 2.2.

Not many people are using 2.1 right now (since we discourage binary releases),
but I like the change, I think... there will likely be feedback when it's
released in a beta though. Plus, very few people read the Changelog, so it's
probable the request was missed by most people.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary