On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:11:14PM -0700, Gail wrote:
> On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:50 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:23:16PM -0700, Gail wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > Has anyone had any luck installing a plugin called Multitile?  It's a
> > > terrazzo tile plugin that's described as being similar to Xaos Tools
> > > Terrazzo plugin, but I can't get it to install correctly.  Any pointers
> > > would be much appreciated!
> >
> > do you have a location of this plug-in. it is (unfortunately) the first
> > time i have heard about it.
> >
> Got it at http://registry.gimp.org/list?name=multitile
> It says it's for Gimp 1.0 so maybe it's just not going to work.  When I used
> the gimptool-2.0 command it threw so many errors that you could write a book
> (and I will post them if it will help).
> I am using Debian Linux kernel 2.6.6 and KDE 3.2
okay, that is funny.  i really need to spend sometime with the registry
again ;}

gimp-1.0, gimp-1.2 and gimp-2.0 and now even gimp-2.1 are all very very
different beasts from each other.  i cannot imagine that a gimp-1
plug-in would easily work with any of the newer ones.

kde and gimp work fine together, except occasionally with window focus
and theme issues -- things like this are to be expected, just keep your
eye out for that.

perhaps your recent interest in this plug-in will magically cause it to
be updated for gimp2, i dunno.